Follow training courses with the STAP budget
At VitalTalent, you can make use of the STAP budget. This subsidy from the Dutch government enables you to follow a VitalTalent course or training completely free of charge once a year. Below you can read how this compensation works.
Give your career a boost with STAP budget courses
STAP budget (STimulans Arbeidsmarkt Positie, which translates to ‘incentive for improvement of labor market position’) is a compensation with which the Dutch government stimulates employees (and job seekers) to follow an education, training program, or course. No less than € 1,000 can be applied per person per year. The purpose of this personal development budget is to encourage people to take matters into their own hands with regard to their professional development and career. Training is crucial to strengthen your position in the labor market and to remain employable in the long term.SUBSCRIBE WITH STAP-BUDGET
Top 5 training courses with STAP budget at VitalTalent
Conditions for applying for STAP budget training
Of course, to apply for STAP budget certain requirements must be met. First of all, the training program you want to follow should be listed in the STAP training register. The advantage of participating in a program at VitalTalent is that all courses (except for our trainer courses) are included in the STAP training register. As such, the STAP budget allows you to follow our training programs completely free of charge.
There also are several conditions that you must meet to receive the STAP budget:
- You have not yet received the STAP budget for this calendar year
- You are at least 18 years old
- You do not receive an AOW (Algemene Ouderdomswet, which translates to ‘old age pension’) or other education-related allowance from the government
- You are a citizen of the European Union
Apply for STAP budget this year
Every two months a new application period starts in which you can apply for the STAP budget. Please register on time, as the number of participants is limited! There are six application rounds in 2023:
- January 2, 2023, through February 27, 2023 (expired)
- March 17, 2023, through April 30, 2023
- May 1, 2023, through July 2, 2023
- July 3, 2023, through September 3, 2023
- September 4, 2023, through October 31, 2023
- November 1, 2023, through December 31, 2023
Also, to the application periods, some important conditions are linked. For instance, the training program of your choice should start at the earliest four weeks after applying for your personal development budget and no later than six months after the last day of the application round in which you applied for the STAP budget. For example: Are you applying for the STAP budget on July 3, 2023? Then your training may start no earlier than July 31, 2023, and no later than March 2, 2024.
How can I apply for the STAP budget?
Would you like to apply for the STAP budget? Then you can take the following steps:
- Claim your place at one of our training programs. You can easily register via our course calendar, where you will find an overview of all our courses. Below the regular sign-up button, you will find the sign-up button for the STAP subsidy.
- After your subscription, you will receive a confirmation email from us with the overview of your registration.
- To complete your STAP application, you need a STAP registration confirmation. You will receive this from us in your mailbox in time.
- With the STAP registration confirmation, you can apply for the STAP budget at the UWV STAP portal.
- Next, you wait for approval or rejection from the UWV.
- Has your application for the STAP budget been approved by the UWV? Then we would like to welcome you to our training program!
Has your application not been approved or is there no more budget left? No worries! With the same STAP registration confirmation, you can simply try to apply again during the next application round. Of course, you should again take into account the earliest starting date (after four weeks) and the latest starting date (six months at most) of the training program. Does your training start outside of these dates? Then you need to claim a new place for another date.
Questions about training programs with the STAP budget at VitalTalent?
Would you like to receive more information about our courses with the STAP budget or do you have any other questions? Please feel free to contact us without obligation. We are happy to help you find a training program that strengthens your position in the labor market!
WHAT CLIENTS SAY
Is the average rating we receive from our customers
Salome Stambouli Consular Section Coordinator at Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands to LebanonVitalTalent
Anonymous Anonymous at Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands to LebanonVitalTalent
Claudine Ramadi Senior Policy Officer - Youth, Education and Humanitarian at Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands to LebanonVitalTalent
Nisrine Samara Economic attaché at Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands to LebanonVitalTalent
Jasmina Omić Product manager services at RiscureVitalTalent
Gijs Verbeek Head of Partnerships at EAIEVitalTalent
Kellie Diepstraten Head of Marketing & Communications at EAIEVitalTalent
Joe Kerrigan Team Lead Operations at EAIEVitalTalent
Joe Kerrigan Team Lead Operations at EAIEVitalTalent